Wednesday 27 August 2014

Race 8: The Canterbury Half Marathon

Hills, hills & more stupid hills! I appear to be a glutton for punishment when it comes to going up & down as this race proved. Although not quite as 'undulating' as Dartford, there was a monster downward slope between miles 2 & 3 which, given that this was an out & back, came back to bite me on the bum between miles 10 & 11! 60 metre decline/incline in half a mile is fun one way but not so much the other...

It was a pretty damp day, which was a blessing after the heat waves of my previous runs. I was certainly pleased with the weather. My support team, not so much....



This helped to a slight improvement in my time from Dartford. I finished bang in 100th place (out of over 450 starters) in a time of 1:37:44.



Next up, the Tonbridge Half Marathon, my last half of the year. Here's hoping for similar weather but a flatter course, to try and get sub 1:30. It can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment